Salary : Negotiable , Application Deadline 31/Aug/2022
We are looking to hire for the position of "Head Chef"
Department: Food Production
Salary Range: To be discussed during the interview
Nationality: South African
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for operating the kitchen while working closely with the other team members.
2. Plan production and develop seasonal offerings.
3. Responsible for creating high-quality dishes with the standard recipes and presentations to maintain quality standards and consistency of product.
4. Assist in producing and preserving par stocks of all ingredients with proper rotation of products.
5. Maintain the restaurant's highest cleanliness and hygiene standards.
6. Ensure that all food products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant's recipes, portioning, and operating standards.
7. Manage all day-to-day operations of the kitchen.
8. Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities.
9. Construct menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings.
10. Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies, and procedures and oversee new kitchen employees' training.
11. Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
12. Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports, and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
13. Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant's preventative maintenance programs.
14. Work with restaurant managers to plan and price menu items. Establish portion sizes and prepare standard recipe cards for all new menu items.
15. Keep food costs below the agreed benchmark.